Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dear friends and family,
Bless the Lord all my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Psalm 104:1

It is with great excitement that we announce that Lisa is pregnant! Just Kidding, but now that I have got your attention I would like to inform you of where we will be going on outreach. On Friday the 14th we were told the outreach locations and given 15 minutes to pray about it and hear from God. I didn’t want to wait until Friday afternoon, so on Thursday I prayed and asked God to show Lisa or me in a dream where we would be going (I didn’t tell Lisa that I prayed that). On Friday I woke up and Lisa said, “That’s funny, I had a dream that we were ministering in Brazil.”
“Weird,” I didn’t tell her about the prayer, I was feeling playful. So we went to the classroom and Athol, our school leader, announced the locations: the Philippines, Brazil, and South Africa. We were told to go pray.
So Lisa and I prayed. I immediately had peace about Brazil. Lisa was a little confused and said she thought Brazil, but wasn’t certain. She didn’t want to confuse her desires with the voice of the Lord. We prayed again, and she felt the same way. I grabbed a rock and put it behind my back and told her to pick a hand. If she picks the hand with the rock then we are going to Brazil (I was very confident that we were going there). Lisa felt the Holy Spirit lead her into picking my left hand… which had the rock in it. I then told Lisa how I prayed that one of us would have a dream about the outreach location. We went back and told the leaders. Somehow the leaders already knew that’s where we would be going, and asked us to help lead the group as “student leaders.” We are going to Curitiba (Cood a cheeba), Brazil!
As some of you know, Lisa has already spent time in Brazil and she has a big heart for the place. Lisa’s step-grandparents actually live in Curitiba.
I will write another blog within the next week about what we will be doing in Curitiba and how you can help pray for us, our team, and the location.

Prayer requests:
1) That God would go before us in Curitiba.
2) For grace and mercy in our marriage.
3) For physical and spiritual health (we have been feeling exhausted lately).
4) Pray for Tom, a friend who is going to Brazil with us. Tom taught at a school in one of the Dakota’s before coming here. Two of his former students were killed this week.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support. We love and miss all of you, especially Burnout Beach.
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not His benefits. Psalm 104:2
With love,
Morgan and Lisa Keach

2 comments:

  1. That is so great Morgan and Lisa! God is obviously going before you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so blesses to hear what you two are doing! I will be praying for you and will share with our missions prayer group.

    ReplyDelete