Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Fish



Twenty-five. That’s how many airplanes we have been on since this adventure started last September. Twenty-seven. That’s how many times we have packed and unpacked all our belongings this last year. This past year has been amazing and God has shown us His faithfulness time and time again and for that we are thankful. He has given us grace that we could not have done with out. Hallelujah! We have been to some beautiful places; met beautiful people; and have been part of bringing His kingdom to earth, which has been such a privilege. BUT, we are exhausted! This is not a complaint, but simply a fact. We have gone non-stop this past year and I have been pregnant for almost five months of it. It would be a lie if I said that I didn’t want to head back home to my family, friends and all that is familiar in Torrance after this. Morgan and I have prayed and asked the Lord if we can go home for my last trimester and have the baby there, but He has very clearly said no. It was a bit heartbreaking for me. Something else He has been clear about is that not only are we not to head home to LA, but we also are NOT suppose to head back to Kona and settle in after this last week of outreach is complete. He is now sending us to New Zealand for three weeks. I fought it and fought it, but He has spoken and Morgan and I want nothing more than to live in His will. SO, we go back to Kona on Monday to complete this DTS and graduate our students and then we get on another plane and head to New Zealand exactly one week later. Our entire Asia-Pacific staff (we have schools in Kona and NZ) is meeting there to strategize and pray to hear God’s vision for this upcoming year. After spending these last ten weeks traveling around the French Polynesian islands we KNOW that the people here are hungry and ripe and the Pacific is about to be set on fire! From this outreach alone there are two Tahitians heading to Kona next month for DTS; two in the process of completing their applications for January; and a handful more that are in serious prayer over God’s plan for their lives. The whole focus of Asia-Pacific is to raise up Pacific islanders and send them out as missionaries….it’s happening. Thank you, Jesus!
As we are wrapping things up here in Tahiti Morgan and I are living in the present and at the same time praying into the future. The life we are living is definitely one of dependence on God and His provision. He has been faithful to provide for each and every feat He has called us to and we know He will provide for this one. The Lord reminded Morgan of a story from Matthew 17. Jesus told Peter to go fishing and that the first fish he caught would contain the money that he would need to pay taxes. We feel that God has told us to “go fish” and that one “fish” would provide the finances we need for the New Zealand trip. This is us throwing out the fishing line, so we are asking that you would please pray and ask God if YOU ARE THAT FISH!
We love you and are truly thankful for your support this past year. Please keep us in your prayers and be sure to let us know if there is anything we can be interceding for on your behalf. Be filled with the peace and joy of Jesus!

Love,

Morgan, Lisa and Baby Boy Keach

2 comments:

  1. Congrats...Wow..amazing journey...I need God's prayers right now..and have just lost my way...am working with a healer..but I am not feeling it...just blank inside...regarding my son not speaking to me..the model...I may have spoken to you about him..I was his manager in Hollywood..and he has basically dumped me...big time..after he called me ten times a day...no reason...other than my ex husband who he is now hanging around..and its all money based..I pray and pray to pick up where we always were....very close...his birthday is tom..and he doesn't want to talk to me..hear from me...I NEED HELP...amongst other things...please pray for him..myself..I too need that big fish ASAP...and Gods support...also things that were missing when I moved important things..be returned or reappear...I could write a book about needing HELP..I just don't understand why? I have given this alot of time..and many months have gone by and still nothing...whatever prayers you can send...my son was a miracle....when he was born...please keep the miracle..going..love Jill....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...for your amazing stories of blessings..I will pray for you...and the baby boy!! I am excited to hear the news...
    Much love and blessings...

    Jill

    ReplyDelete