Monday, July 7, 2014

Marriage Post part 2

Marriage Stuff:
This is the second week of a series we are doing on marriage. Once again this is stuff we learned in our Family Ministries School at YWAM Mata Mata in New Zealand. The material comes from the Marriage Book by Nicky and Sila Lee, I pray it is a blessing!
This weeks concept: Nurturing one another!
Genesis 2:18 The Lord God said " It is not good for man to be alone. I will make him a suitable helper".
WHY?  We should try and meet each others emotional needs for affection, encouragement, support, comfort, etc.
We all have a longing to be loved and to be known by one another.
We are made for close relationship.
HOW? Be proactive rather than reactive!
Reactive means focusing on your spouses shortcomings. Proactive focuses on their needs.
Proactive behavior draws couples together because each one feels loved. If you feel loved you feel like loving!
HOW (AGAIN)? Study each others needs (usually different than your own).
Make requests not demands.
We cant assume our spouse knows our needs or desire, try telling them what you need or desire.
For example I (Morgan) like to be affirmed , I like presents, etc.
Lisa likes companionship, practical helps, and undivided attention.
That is about it for this week. Thanks and I pray this blesses someone. It blessed me as I wrote it because reminded me to actually live it!

Thanks and God Bless,
Morgan, Lisa, Samuel

PS please pray for us. Our students from the Discipleship Training School we are running this summer just arrived! Also pray  me (Morgan) as I am  teaching on how to hear God's voice this week. Pray it goes well. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment